|Appears in||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves|
|Weapon type||Semi-automatic pistol|
|Max ammo||64 rounds(U2 & U3)
|Magazine capacity||8 rounds(U2 & U3)
|Commonly found on||Katherine Marlowe's agents|
The .45 Defender is a weapon that appears in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and in Uncharted: Golden Abyss. In the second game, it replaces the PM-9mm from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as the first (chronologically) firearm. Despite power differences between the 9mm and .45 calibers, both weapons are largely the same performance-wise.
This weapon is inferior to the 92FS-9mm: magazine capacity, total ammunition carried and rate of fire are less for the .45 Defender than for the 92FS-9mm. It should be noted that the in-game magazine capacity is depicted as eight rounds, whereas real life capacity is typically seven, though one bullet is left in the chamber if the weapon is reloaded without emptying the magazine. It is a very popular weapon in the game.
- Chloe has a unique version of the weapon, called Chloe's .45 defender. It is solid black with a flaming skull motif on each side of the slide; compared to the regular .45 Defender which is chrome with a wooden-like handle.
- In reality, the Colt Defender is the smallest handgun made by Colt.
- In the game, the gun is weaker than the 92FS-9mm, when really the .45 caliber is a larger round with more gunpowder than the 9mm, so the .45 Defender should be more powerful.
- When playing the Co-op Arena mode of multiplayer, you spawn with a 92FS-9mm, but hostiles around you will be armed with 45. Defenders in early rounds, so watch what you pick up.
- Compared to its iteration in Among Thieves, it's firing sound is different in Drake's Deception and Golden Abyss.
- In Drake's Deception, this weapon is not available in Multiplayer.
- In Golden Abyss, the reloading sound in the game sounds the same as the reloading sound with an AK-47 in the demo version, but it had its own sound in the final version.