|Appears in||Uncharted 2: Among Thieves|
|Weapon type||Semi-automatic pistol|
|Max ammo||64 rounds(U2 & U3)
|Magazine capacity||8 rounds(U2 & U3)
|Commonly found on||Katherine Marlowe's agents|
The .45 Defender is a weapon that appears in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and in Uncharted: Golden Abyss. In the second game, it replaces the PM-9mm from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as the first (chronologically) firearm. Despite power differences between the 9mm and .45 calibers, both weapons are largely the same performance-wise.
This weapon is inferior to the 92FS-9mm: magazine capacity, total ammunition carried and rate of fire are less for the .45 Defender than for the 92FS-9mm. It should be noted that the in-game magazine capacity is depicted as eight rounds, whereas real life capacity is typically seven. It is a very popular weapon in the game.
- Chloe has a unique version of the weapon, called Chloe's .45 defender. It is solid black with a flaming skull motif on each side of the slide; compared to the regular .45 Defender which is chrome with a wooden-like handle.
- In reality, the Colt Defender is the smallest handgun made by Colt.
- In the game, the gun is weaker than the 92FS-9mm, when really the .45 caliber is a larger round with more gunpowder than the 9mm, so the .45 Defender should be more powerful.
- When playing the Co-op Arena mode of multiplayer, you spawn with a 92FS-9mm, but hostiles around you will be armed with 45. Defenders in early rounds, so watch what you pick up.
- Compared to its iteration in Among Thieves, it's firing sound is different in Drake's Deception and Golden Abyss.
- In Golden Abyss, the reloading sound in the game sounds the same as the reloading sound with an AK-47 in the demo version, but it had its own sound in the final version.