The 92FS-9mm is the elite standard pistol in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. It is the default secondary weapon in Uncharted 2 multiplayer each time the player spawns.
This weapon is far more powerful than its counterparts, the PM-9mm (Drake's Fortune) and the .45 Defender. (Among Thieves) in every conceivable way; the rate of fire is faster, the magazine is much larger, and it has a higher total ammo capacity. In Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the maximum ammo cap was increased to 75 rounds, making this pistol even more dependable in tough situations.The 92FS-9mm was replaced by the Para 9 in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, but the gun makes a brief appearance in the opening cutscene of the game and it also appears with a new name but still the same gun called Silenced pistol and Elena continues to use hers throughout the game. The gun is very useful for Chapter 16 and the gun is sightly more powerful. The only problem is the gun is now rare and it holds 8 bullets in the magazine, making the gun useless as a primary weapon.
Known Users and Owners Edit
- Nathan Drake uses the 92FS as his main pistol in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
- Elena Fisher uses the 92FS as her main weapon in the games.
- Atoq Navarro used a 92FS as his main pistol in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
- Zoran Lazarević used a 92FS to execute Jeff. He can also be seen using it in Chapter 24 - The Road to Shambhala.
- Harry Flynn has a 92FS that he gave to Nate in Chapter 24 - The Road to Shambhala.
- Lieutenant Draza had a 92FS but he never used it. It's seen in the multiplayer card.
- Jeff has a 92FS in his multiplayer card.
- Tenzin used a 92FS.
- Jason Dante used the 92FS in Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
A good all rounder, and your best weapon on a Crushing playthrough when used properly, the 92FS's high ammo count per magazine, and fast rate of fire, coupled with its relative ease to score headshots is perfect for tougher stages. When in the hands of the right player, the 92FS is better than an AK or an M4 due to its ability to take out more enemies before having to reload. Of course, the efficiency of these strategies can vary based on said player's preferred style.
- The pistol that Nate uses is a Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox with Houge wrap-around grips.
- The 92FS is a variant of the standard issue sidearm for all branches of the U.S. military, the M9, and is popular among law enforcement and private citizens.
- The firing sound changes between Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- This weapon is primarily used by Elite Mercenary Forces in the early to late chapters of both games.
- The grip on the pick up icon is different from the in game model.
- A silenced version of this pistol is in Uncharted 3. It is more powerful in UC3, being able to kill in 2-3 shots.