Amy Hennig is a video game designer formerly employed by Naughty Dog. She previously worked for Electronic Arts as an artist/animator and game designer and then worked for Eidos, where she directed Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance before joining Naughty Dog in 2003 when she assisted in the development of Jak 3.
On March 5th 2014 it was announced that Amy Hennig had left Naughty Dog. Original claims made by IGN suggested that Hennig may have been "forced out" by The Last of Us directors Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley. However, Naughty Dog co-presidents Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra later released an official statement in which they clarified that neither Druckmann or Straley were involved in Hennig's departure. They wished Hennig the best for the future, and went on to criticize the original report, which they described as "unprofessional" and "hurtful".
Hennig expressed her thanks to well-wishers on Twitter, saying that their kind words were very appreciated. A Sony representative said that the development timeline of Uncharted would remain unchanged.
Henning is currently employed at Visceral Game, and is working on an upcoming Star Wars game.
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3, 2007) – writer, director
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3, 2009) – writer, director
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3, 2011) - writer, director
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PC & PS, 1999) – writer, director
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (PC & PS2, 2001) – writer, director
- Legacy of Kain: Defiance (PC & PS2, 2003) – writer, director
- Untitled Star Wars Game (PS4, PC, XBONE, 2017 tentative release date) - writer
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/05/uncharted-ps4-writer-amy-hennig-leaves-naughty-dog
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/statement_from_the_co_presidents1/
- ↑ http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/03/05/uncharted-writerdirector-amy-hennig-reportedly-forced-out-at-naughty-dog/