Co-Op Shade Survival is a multiplayer gamemode in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. It was available on the PS store on Tuesday March 13.
Shade survival was introduced as a new game type for Co-op in a DLC package included with the Fortune Hunters' Club and consists of players combating shade versions of enemies found within the standard Co-op Arena. This gametype is playable on all of the maps compatible with Co-op Arena.
The differences from normal survival mode include:
- the enemies being Shades
- introduction of "Marked Man" mode where 5 armored enemies must be killed
- the reduction from ten waves to eight to accommodate for the harder combat.
Co-Op Shade Survival can be played on the following maps:
- Molten Ruins
- Desert Village
- Lost City
- Old Quarter
- London Streets
- The Djinn can also have blue fire on their heads. This occurs when the enemy has taken a significant amount of damage.
- This mode features Marked Man which replaces Gold Rush
- The rounds are always in the same order
- There is no Pak-80 Brute, most likely due to the extreme difficulty it would impose.
- The Djinn take more bullets than they do in the campaign.
- Survival and Siege takes 12 kills to finish the round, while the arena requires 25. Most likely because it will cause extreme difficulty.
- If gold rush did appear in this game mode, it will be nearly impossible to complete the round in the later rounds.