|Appears in||Uncharted: Drake's Fortune|
Uncharted: Eye of Indra
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Mentioned in the story in the Drake's journal and Multiplayer)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (only Multiplayer)
|English voice actor||James Sie|
|Motion capture actor||James Sie|
Eddy Raja is the tertiary antagonist in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, a protagonist in Uncharted: Eye of Indra, and the leader of an Indonesian pirate gang. He also has a sister, Rika. He was one of many treasure hunters interested in acquiring the fabled El Dorado, and formed an alliance with Atoq Navarro and Gabriel Roman. They competed with Nathan Drake, Eddy's archrival, (whom he's already been well-acquainted with by the start of the game), Elena Fisher, and Victor Sullivan. He was once said to be "best friends" with Nathan Drake.
Episode 1 EditEddy is tied to a chair next to Nathan Drake, enduring the same torture at the hands of Daniel Pinkerton. In flashback, Nate takes a job from Pinkerton to locate a mysterious artifact; the Eye of Indra. He meets Eddy's sister; Rika, and they instead plot to rob Pinkerton of the amulet, though Pinkerton doesn't realize it, he already has the artifact locked up in his safe, as it is hidden within the other two treasures of Indra, the Path, and the Wrath. Unaware that Rika is Eddy's sister, Nate sleeps with her.
Episode 2 Edit
In flashback, Rika reveals to Nate that she has told Eddy about the job. Nate and Rika get into a scrap with Eddy's pirates, but despite the initial disagreements and confusion, the three agree to work together to rob Pinkerton of the amulet. In the present, Eddy warns Nate not to tell Pinkerton anything while they continue to be tortured.
Episode 3 Edit
Eddy and Nate come to a compromise about the job. The group head for Pinkerton's mansion. Eddy blows up Pinkerton's cars as a distraction, while Rika stays behind to cover them as Nate and Eddy sneak into the mansion. In the present, Pinkerton reveals he has captured Rika, and threatens to kill her if Nate or Eddy do not come clean about the amulet.
Episode 4 Edit
In the present, Nate finally tells Pinkerton that he already has the Eye. In flashback, Nate and Eddy, having failed to stay hidden are in a gunfight with Pinkerton's guards. They reach the office where the safe is located, but Eddy's remaining detonator fails, and they cannot open the safe. Nate comes up with a plan: get caught.
In the present, while Pinkerton is distracted, Rika breaks free and uses Eddy's concealed golden gun to wound Pinkerton and kill his guards, saving Nate and Eddy. Nate explains to Pinkerton that the whole ordeal was the improvised intention, as they needed Pinkerton to open the safe. Rika executes Pinkerton, and the three escape.
Later, Rika double-crosses Nate and Eddy at gunpoint, taking the amulet for herself and leaving the two empty-handed. As Rika gets away, Eddy warns Nate not to say anything, before they go their separate ways.
- "How much trouble can one girl be?"
- — Eddy discusses Elena with Nate
Eddy Raja speaks certain words in Indonesian or Malay throughout the game. After Nate and Elena's plane crashes, Eddy Raja's groups of pirates fight against Nate all the way to the The Fort. After Nate finds Francis Drake's telescope, two pirates men armed with M79's prepare to kill an oblivious Elena some distance away, but they shoot at Nathan when they notice him. The resulting blasts destroys a part of the tower which knocks Nate unconscious. Eventually he wakes up in a cell, and Eddy walks into the jailhouse holding Drake's map, asking that Nate help lead him to the gold and he'll let him live. Nate refuses to work with Raja, despite his threats, saying that he'd rather die than help him. Whilst the two talk, Elena places a hook on the cell window bars which is attached to a jeep and promptly pulls out the back wall. Whilst Eddy Raja stands in shock, Nate quickly grabs the map out of Eddy's hands, and drives off with Elena as Eddy and his men then start to pursue them.
After losing Eddy's men, Elena almost drives off a cliff and the jeep is left hanging on the edge. As Nate attempts to drive it back, Eddy arrives on the scene and tells them to get out and give him the map. Not willing to give up, Nate then reverses the jeep off the edge and into the water below.
Going Underground Edit
As Nate makes his way through the various underground tunnels under the monastery on the island, and overhears an argument between Eddy, Roman and Navarro in a chamber above. It is revealed that Eddy, under the command of Roman, was hired to capture Nate and secure the island in exchange for his share of the gold of El Dorado. Roman is unhappy with Eddy's efforts, but Eddy stresses that the island is cursed and that his men are being killed by something, other than Nate. Roman dismisses his explanations as superstitious and promptly dismisses Eddy and his crew, doubting his abilities to do his job properly. Eddy leaves the chamber furiously.
The Treasure Vault Edit
Nate and Elena reach the Treasure Vault, and come across roman numerals in the ground to help them traverse the walkways and passages. During this time Nate spots a glimpse of human-like figures moving in the distance. As Nate and Elena progress through the vault, Eddy blasts through the door at the back of the vault. Eddy tells Nate "Last man alive gets the gold. You lose." before ordering his pirates to kill them.
The Heart of the Vault and Death Edit
The two of them move upward as they advance through Eddy's pirates and eventually arrive in the Heart of the Vault expecting to find the El Dorado treasure. After discovering Francis Drake's remains, with Nate leaving his ring with the body, they then look for a way out, as the distant screams of Eddy's pirates can be heard. Nate boosts Elena up to a broken ladder where she climbs to the rooms upper level and finds a rope attached to a small crane that's stuck. She then attempts to lower it down to Nate as Eddy and one of his pirates run into the chamber terrified, the former saying to Nate that "We're dead! We're all dead!" After Eddy's pirate is then abruptly killed by a vicious creature, more of them begin to crawl out of through holes in the room. Nate and Eddy then reluctantly agree to work together to kill off the swarms of the Descendants. Eventually, after killing many of the creatures, Eddy shoots a Descendant into a hole and moves up to the gap yelling his famous quote, "Don't mess with Eddy Raja!". However, another Descendant from inside immediately tries to pulls Eddy in. Nate moves to grab him and shoots the creature, but another bites Eddy in the neck, forcing Nate to let go and sending Eddy and the Descendant plummeting down the hole as Eddy screams.
- Though Eddy Raja does not appear in story mode, he is mentioned several times throughout Nate's journal. Eddy was also a reference at Nepal where you see one of the signs says Family Raja. He makes his appearance in multiplayer in the Drake's Fortune Multiplayer Pack, updated with all new quotes. His pirates gone by the name of Prakoso and Mac also appear in the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer.
Eddy appears alive in the Chapter 5 - Airport of Co-op Adventure. He, Lazarevic, and Flynn are seen loading the other half of the statue into a truck. While Nate, Sully, and Charlie Cutter are fighting Lazarevic's soldiers, Eddy can be heard over the speaker with quotes like "Don't die Drake. I want to kill you myself!" and acts unappreciative of Drake trying to save him on The Island (albeit the co-op missions are non-canonical.) He, like Lazarevic and Flynn, has a laser sight equipped on his gun. He uses a Tau Sniper and is killed like the other two villains.
|Desert-5: An elite and very powerful pistol found in the Uncharted series.|
|Moss-12: A standard shotgun in the Uncharted series.|
Appears In Edit
- Chapter 6 - Unlocking the Past (Ending Cutscene)
- Chapter 7 - Out of the Frying Pan (Ending Cutscene)
- Chapter 14 - Going Underground
- Chapter 16 - The Treasure Vault
- Chapter 17 - The Heart of the Vault (Presumed Killed)
- In Drake's Fortune, 700 medal points unlocks Eddy's skin from the Villain Section on the reward menu. 900 medal points unlocks Eddy's Golden Gun; a golden Desert-5, from the Weapon Select menu. His golden gun is also available in Among Thieves.
- While not mentioned, Eddy is referenced in Among Thieves. In Nate's Journal, there is a drawing of an angry statue, captioned "Angry Eddy (R.I.P.)", with the quoted words "I kill you, Drake!". Another part of the journal shows Eddy's name next to Harry Flynn's, with both of their e-mail addresses crossed out.
- In Nepal, there are signs that say "Club Raja".
- On the 12th of April 2011 renders, supposedly of Eddy Raja, appeared on SystemLink. According to the article, the renders are from a Naughty Dog staff member's blog, and bear the title, "Uncharted: The return of Eddy Raja." Naughty Dog's community strategist Arne Meyer later blasted the site, saying that they are far too quick to jump to conclusions and make wild assumptions in order to get headlines/hits. He went on to say that the renders were character art tests for a Naughty Dog employee.
- Eddy is the only antagonist to appear in multiple stories; appearing in Drake's Fortune, Eye of Indra, and Uncharted 3's co-op adventure, along with Zoran who partook in Uncharted 2 and 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Edit
Uncharted 2 multiplayer Edit
Uncharted 3 multiplayerEdit