This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
It's time to pick what aspects we like from our character redesign submissions. The three submissions are as follows:
- User:Klock101/Character articles redesign
- User:Hallowseve15/Sandbox/Eddy Raja
- User:Renatabls/Jeff's article redesign
Please comment below with what aspects you think should be kept, or changed. --Klock101 20:36, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, Klock. But in the Nathan Drake one, change the image, nobody else has a full body picture, plus you have all the renders as their picture. I guess I'll change all the images to full body, that's practically impossible... Hallowseve15 22:09, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Barely any of the recurring characters have their renders as their pictures. On most wikis, a character's image is their most recent in-game appearance, so Nate's should be from Uncharted 3. I said that full body pictures are preferable, but not a necessity. Mid range shots are fine too, but I do not think that every character's image should be or needs to be a close up shot of their face. Apologies for any confusion my comment may have caused. --Klock101 22:42, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Hopefully we can get new ones when we get around to redesigning their pages. --Klock101 23:05, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I looked and looked and looked on Google and couldn't find any good images. Hallowseve15 03:53, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Thing's I like:
- Personally, I prefer the biography without sections or headings, but I know I'm the minority so I guess we're getting sections. I definitely like the weapons table and Uncharted 3 customisation template. Oh, and I prefer full body images.
- Samuelcd - talk 06:11, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I uploaded some full body renders I found. It's only four and I think some are already somewhere on the wiki, but these are a little higher quality and I gave them a transparent background. Hope that helps. Cellbob 16:22, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
(un-indent) Nice renders Cellbob. I know it can be a pain to remove backgrounds from images, so thanks for doing that. It seems that feelings are mixed about the section headings in the biography sections. Personally, I don't mind them, and I know a lot of wikis that use them (Assassin's Creed, inFamous, etc.) Let's open a poll to see what the general opinion is: (Please note that due to a glitch, you may have to click the "Vote" buton twice for your vote to be displayed. This will not count your vote twice).
Poll closed. Result:
- 7 votes for.
- 1 vote against.
--Klock101 12:31, September 6, 2011 (UTC)
Anybody who disagrees with the Sub-headings is ridiculous, my whole idea to revamp pages was for subheadings. That's what the revamp is meant, it would be flat out pointless not to have subheadings, as we would have the pages we have now with only minor modifications. Hallowseve15 20:20, September 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree. Maybe it's not necessarily "ridiculous" to disagree with, but it makes the biography section a lot nicer and easier to read, and provides easier navigation to anyone looking for specific points of reference. --Klock101 20:26, September 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Well Hallow, perhaps you should realise that just because someone disagrees with you, they are not 'ridiculous'. Personally, I'd prefer to just know what the person did in the game, not a load of silly headings making it more confusing and complicated. I didn't even notice the character articles needing a revamp in the first place. But hey, I'll go along with it as everyone else likes the idea, just ignore my ridiculous opinions hallow. Samuelcd - talk 16:50, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh shoot, sorry I thought it was some other person on the wiki who clicked it. Samuel i didn't mean too. Hallowseve15 18:04, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- The poll's been open long enough now. With 7 votes to 1, the result is to keep the section headings. --Klock101 18:29, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- I need to do a poll how can I? Hallowseve15 18:36, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
(un-indent) You can make a poll like this:
Write your question here.
--Klock101 18:43, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
Poll closed. Result:
- Deceased: 4 votes.
- Presumed deceased: 4 votes.
Hallowseve15 18:50, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- My vote: Deceased. --Klock101 18:59, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- No I mean can you make a poll for it. Hallowseve15 19:07, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, right. I didn't see the first bit. I'll put a poll where your otiginal message was.--Klock101 19:22, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Klock, I think we should revamp now, this is probably the only people that will comment or vote. Hallowseve15 19:24, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe not right now, because we still don't have a general template to work from. It will only take a few minutes to set that up though, so I'll draw it up in the morning. It's also Friday tomorrow, so everyone should be off work/school/college for the weekend and we'll have more flexible time to work. I'll post the design template at about 3/4pm GMT tomorrow (that's about 19 hours from the time I post this message, to save you working out the time differences). Then we'll be good to go! I know this revamp has been a lot more drawn out than you originally planned for, but if we're going to change one aspect of the articles, why not change some more while we're at it. Basically, thanks for your patience throughout the process. Talk to you tomorrow, and I guarantee you we can revamp then. --Klock101 20:14, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
Ok. I'll do up the template now. --Klock101 15:16, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
- All right. The design outline is done. When redesigning your chosen article, keep it in line with this layout. For an example, see my Nathan Drake page. --Klock101 15:46, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
- EDIT: The layout I linked to there is a on user page. This was accidental, but you can still work from it. Just ignore the user stuff up the top (like the talk page links, etc.) --Klock101 15:49, September 9, 2011 (UTC)