Several off-road vehicles are featured throughout the Uncharted series.
There are a few models of off-roaders in the game, mainly around The Fort. One is also used during Chapter 3 - A Surprising Find, in which Nate drives himself and Elena Fisher to Sullivan's sea plane.
The most prominent use of the vehicle is during Chapter 7 - Out of the Frying Pan. Elena uses the car to free Nate after he is captured by Eddy Raja, by pulling the wall from Nate's cell. Elena drives while Nate uses the machine gun/grenade launcher mounted turret to fend of the pursuing pirates. This particular car sinks when Nate reverses it into The Drowned City to evade Eddy. There are also two off-roaders underneath the monastery where the nazis moved El Dorado. They appear to have driven into the hole in the graveyard and used to make more totems.
A off-roader appears in one of Lazarevic's camps in Chapter 3 - Borneo. In the beginning of Chapter 5 - Urban Warfare, Drake is using a Toyota Landcruiser to meet Chloe at the Old Market in Nepal, suddenly a truck appears and destroys the car, which obligates Drake to go walking through the city.
In the very end of the final cutscene of Chapter 5 - London Underground, Nathan Drake and Sully used a Land Rover Defender to travel through the French jungle towards the Chateau. Although, they ended up in a place without road, causing them to reach the Chateau on foot.
In the 2015 E3 Trailer, Drake is revealed to have access to a JEEP. Unlike previous Uncharted Titles, the jeep is drivable, allowing the player much faster travel and set pieces on a much larger scale. The JEEP is capable of overcoming all terrains. Driving environments are fully open, with multiple paths and destructible objects, much like the destructible cover in combat areas.
Drake can transition to on foot and vehicular traversal seamlessy, allowing for a more realistic experience and faster paced chase sequences.
- The Toyota Landcuiser in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has an AK-47 in it.
- Elena and Nathan's off-roaders are both Toyota Land Cruisers, while Lazarević's soldiers use the UAZ-469. In Uncharted 3, Sully and Marlowe's agents both use the Land Rover Defender, although Sully's has a shorter wheelbase (Defender 90) than the others (Defender 110).
- The Jeep in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, E3 2015 game play demo has the Flag of Madagascar on the license plate. It also contains a hidden reference to Elena.
- Chapter 3 - A Surpising Find
- Chapter 6 - Unlocking the Past (Ending Cutscene)
- Chapter 7 - Out of the Frying Pan
- Chapter 5 - London Underground (Ending Cutscene)
- Chapter 6 - The Chateau
- Chapter 16 - One Shot at This