Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
The MP40 is found in the Mountain Temple where the expedition crew was found, and right before the Path of Light puzzle in the pit where Drake shoots at the gears to stop the spiked ceiling from coming down on him and Chloe. There is also one hidden in a Nepal sewer where the Strange Relic is found.
The MP40 is not available in multiplayer.
- The MP40, also known as the "Schmeisser" to the Western allies, was the main submachine gun of Nazi Germany in World War II. The name Schmeisser refers to Hugo Schmeisser: the manufacturer of the MP-18. This was the first of such weapons to see extensive service in World War I. Although the actual manufacturer of the MP40 was the Erma Werke company, the name Schmeisser stuck when referring to German-manufactured submachine guns in the 30's and 40's.
- The MP40 actually has 32 rounds in its magazine, although in Uncharted it has three extra (35).
- Whilst in the world of Uncharted, the gun seems to be able to survive extreme conditions and still work perfectly. However, in reality, the conditions that the gun is faced with (Extreme cold, wet, and years of isolation), would cause mechanisms in the gun to rust and 'lock-up' rendering it completely useless.
- In multiplayer this gun cannot be found or obtained in any way.
- The magazine of the MP40 was moved back towards the trigger in-game. This was done so the animators wouldn't need to make an animation specifically for holding the MP40, as in placing his hand to grip the magazine as was done in real life.