| Sully, say cheese! |
This page may benefit from additional or higher quality pictures.
The museum guards are Turkish individuals with dark skin that wear black trousers and a white shirt. Some of them wear green berets. They carry nothing but a radio and a flashlight, the former of which is only used if the player alerts him.
If the player is spotted by one of them, they will radio contact the other guards and the player will be caught. This fails the mission and automatically sends the player back to the last checkpoint.
At the start of the chapter, they can only be defeated by stealth, as Nathan Drake and Harry Flynn will co-operate to dispatch the guards. When they arrive at a room with four guards, the player is given a Tranquilizer Dart Gun which is only effective at close range.
After Flynn betrays Drake, the guards will acquire Desert-5s and will attempt to shoot him down, non-lethally. They will only shoot when Drake remains stationary or attempts to attack with the Tranquilizer Dart Gun, which if you do, it will be out of ammo. This is one of the only two occasions where they'll actively attack the player, the other being hand-to-hand combat.
|Desert-5: An elite and very powerful pistol found in the Uncharted series.|
- If the player checks the water below after pulling down the guard from the rooftop, they can notice that the guard in question actually survived the fall and is swimming towards solid ground.
- Nate and Harry both use non-lethal melee methods to incapacitate the museum guards. Nate will instead choke a guard until he is unconscious, rather than break his neck. Flynn will usually strike the guard hard enough to knock him out. However, it is possible for Nate to perform the neck-breaking animation on the guard by the fountain, though this is purely due to game mechanics.
- Museum guards are the first civilian opponents in the Uncharted games.
- The guards are the weakest opponents in the game.
- They use a laser attachment on their Desert-5's.