Propane tanks are explosives in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. They are best used in scenarios where enemies are close to the tank, however they can be picked up and thrown. They are found in random locations around the multiplayer maps and in the single player campaign.
How to use Edit
Propane tanks can be shot at from a distance. Shooting a propane tank will cause it to explode. Alternatively, a propane tank can be picked up by pressing , and arc-thrown by holding L2 to aim, and releasing L2 to throw. If the player fires using the R1 button before the tank lands, he will shoot it in mid-air, causing it to explode. While carrying a propane tank, players can aim their pistol using L1 and can fire it with R1, similar to carrying the treasure in Plunder.
Multiplayer map location Edit
- The Village - 4 Tanks
- The Temple - 4 Tanks
- The Plaza - 4 Tanks
- The Sanctuary - 3 Tanks
- The Train Wreck - 1 Tank
- The Highrise - Numerous Tank
In the default Competitive maps, Single Player, and Co-op, Propane tanks are orange-yellow cylinders.
|BBQ||Defeat an enemy with a propane tank.||Medal||
|Tastes Like Chicken||Get 20 BBQ medals in Deathmatch or Elimination games.
Only awarded if the player has the Drake's Fortune Multiplayer Pack.
- Propane tanks sometimes appear in places where they would not logically be found, such as the Tibetan Village.
- In real life, a propane tank shot by ordinary bullets will not explode, as proven several times on the T.V. show Mythbusters. However, all bullets in Uncharted appear to be tracer or incendiary bullets as you can see a flaming trail when in mid air.
- When aimed at, Nate will occasionally utter "Boom."
- At certain points in Uncharted 3, Nate will say "I love the smell of propane in the morning" after shooting a tank. This is a reference to the line "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" from the movie Apocalypse Now, and "I love the smell of train yards in the morning" from Uncharted 2.
- Ironically, if Nathan is carrying a tank while he is injured, he will run at a normal speed rather than a slow pace.
- In Uncharted 2, Chapter 6 - "Desperate Times," if you find and collect 12 propane tanks scattered around the area before you free Chloe from the elevator, put them in one location, and throw a grenade at them, the explosion will be large enough to freeze the game.