|Appears in||Uncharted: Drake's Fortune|
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
|Weapon type||Pump-action Combat shotgun|
|Max ammo||16 rounds(UDF,U2,U3)
|Magazine capacity||8 rounds|
|First found||Sanctuary? (U1)|
|Commonly found on||Mercenaries|
Uncharted and Uncharted 2Edit
Similar to SPAS-12, the SAS-12 is in every way superior to the Moss-12: a much higher rate of fire than the Moss-12, has more powerful ammunition, and can hold two extra rounds.
This is an ideal weapon for running and gunning: at close range, a single blind fire shot will dispatch another player.
Use the SAS-12 to your advantage on armored enemies: pick off their armor from a distance, outside of melee range.
Uncharted 3 Edit
The shotgun returns in Uncharted 3, including being wielded by enemy soldiers in adventure mode. It is commonly found on Armored opponents as well as the desert agents.
Multiplayer Locations: Edit
- Airstrip - Located on a desk inside the office on the second floor of the storage area.
- Highrise - Located on top of the water tower.
- Trainwreck - Located in the train carriage hanging between the higher cliff and on top of another train carriage.
- Temple - Located in the highest room on top of a desk.
- Cave - Located near the tiny room outside the central cave on the path that arcs from one end to the other.
- Plaza - Located in a ditch in the central building.
- Fort - Located on a pillar in the exact center of the map.
- Sanctuary - Located in the underground section at the cliff that has 3 entrances near the centre of the map.
- Museum - Located on the second floor of the main Museum room at the very back.
- London Underground - Located in the lower subway on a broken couch on the opposite side of the track from the platform.
- City of Brass - Located on a ledge overlooking the room with the fountain in the tower closet to the shady side of the stage.
- This weapon is based on the Franchi SAS-12, a pump-action only variant the Franchi SPAS-12, a pump-action/semi-automatic shotgun used in military operations worldwide.
- In real-life, the 'SPAS-12' is illegal for import in the U.S. However, isn't illegal to sell, as copies of the weapon that were imported before the U.S. ban of the model and its variants, the 'SAS-12' and 'LAW-12', are still legal regardless.
- It takes a considerably longer time to pump the weapon in Multiplayer compared to Singelplayer in Uncharted 3.
- Most likely for power balancing reasons the SAS-12 unrealistically only holds six rounds in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer in contrast to Uncharted 2 having the usual clip of eight.
- In Uncharted 2, it is possible to kill 2 players with one shot if positioned correctly.
- In Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Atoq Navarro apparently uses a SPAS-12, instead of a SAS-12, against Drake in Chapter 22, as he only occasionally cocks the shotgun; in real life, a SAS-12 is pump-action only, but the SPAS-12 is both pump-action and semiautomatic.