Salim is the leader, or sheikh, of a small tribe of Bedouins living in the Rub' al Khali desert. He is featured as a supporting character and ally to protagonist Nathan Drake during the latter half of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. He is also featured as a playable skin in Drake's Deception and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.
In both of his appearances, Salim is voiced and motion-captured by TJ Ramini.
- "The sheikh of a nomadic Bedouin tribe, Salim makes his home in the harsh environment of the Rub'al Khali. Though a wanderer by nature, he rarely strays far from the desert where he is tasked with protecting the secret of Ubar. However, when it comes to getting treasure to feed his people, he's willing to make an exception. Catchphrase: "Yallah!""
- — Official Uncharted 4: A Thief's End bio.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)Edit
As Nathan Drake realises he will not be able to defeat Katherine Marlowe's men, Salim and the Bedouins come charging in on horseback, attacking Marlowe's agents. Salim rides up to Drake and prepares to shoot him, but Nate pleads for his life. Seeing his distress, Salim spares him and takes him with them as they fight their way out.
The Caravan Edit
- "Haha, close one!"
- — Salim and Nate share a brief joke during the attack.
Salim takes Drake back to his camp, and tells Drake that he should not be there. Drake asks why he was spared, and Salim tells him that it would have been "impolite" to kill an enemy in distress, and then asks if Drake is his enemy, to which Drake shows no ill will.
Drake explains that he only wishes to rescue Sully, and that their enemy, Marlowe, is crossing the Rub' al Khali desert in search of Iram of the Pillars with Sully as her captive. Salim then explains that they must stop Marlowe from reaching Iram so she will not unleash the power of the Djinn. The next day, Salim's scouts spot Marlowe's caravan in the canyon heading to Iram and he, Drake, and the Bedouins attack the convoy, successfully saving Sully.
- — Salim encourages the Bedouins forward.
After rescuing Sully, they ride towards the Atlantis of the Sands. However, the three heroes (along with a few Bedouins) are split up in the sand storm surrounding the city. As Drake and Sully escape the crumbling city, Salim comes with two other horses, rescuing them. Once they escape, the three of them watch as the city is engulfed by the desert.
Multiplayer skins & variantsEdit
- Salim appears as a Hero skin in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer. He is unlocked in Rank 60.
- Salim has his own Doughnut skin which can be purchased from the PSN store.
Uncharted 3: Drake's DeceptionEdit
- Chapter 19 - The Settlement
- Chapter 20 - Caravan
- Chapter 22 - The Dreamers of the Day (ending cutscene)
|.45 Defender: A standard pistol found in the Uncharted series.|
- The name Salim is of Arabic origin meaning "safe."
- Salim's multiplayer skin makes a jingling sound whenever he moves, making him more noticeable.
- Salim is very similar to Tenzin from Uncharted 2; both are from foreign lands, speaking foreign languages, both save Nate from near-death in exotic environments, and both assist Nate in his quests. But while Tenzin knows no English, Salim does.
- "Yallah", a word used by Salim, means "let's go" or "come on" in Arabic slang.
Multiplayer skins Edit
- ↑ Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Salim. Behind the name. Retrieved July 15, 2016.
- ↑ . Wikipedia. Retrieved July 15, 2016.