- "Get ready for a new character with some slick moves in Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Spyder brings some truly amazing flips and other taunts, all downloadable for free, all from the the mocap and the mind of Jeremy Gallant and the artists here at Naughty Dog."
- — Naughty Dog.
Screenshot of Spyder
|Appears in||Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (multiplayer only)|
|English voice actor||Jeremy Gallant|
|Motion capture actor||Jeremy Gallant|
The character of "Spyder" was created by the real-life Jeremy Gallant, who also did voice acting and motion-capture to his character.
- "Jeremy "Spyder" Gallant is a 24 year old adventurer with a knack for acrobatics and rock star/bad boy behavior. Orphaned when his parents went missing at an early age, Jeremy took to the streets, using his skills as a free runner to traverse rooftops and commit impressive break-ins, burglary, and getaways. Donning the nickname "Spyder" he now uses his abilities to explore tombs and catacombs to uncover centuries old secrets, for he lives for the thrill of discovery and to follow in the footsteps of his archeologist parents."
- — Character's description.
At an early age, Jeremy Gallant was orphaned when his parents, two archeologists went missing. Following their disappearance, Jeremy was taken to the streets. Using his acrobatic skills, Jeremy became a theif; commiting a long range of crimes such as break-in and burglary, and always managing to escape.
Donning the name "Spyder", Jeremy began to use his abilities to explore tombs and catacombs in order to uncover centuries-old secrets. Spyder lives for the thrill of discovery and to follow in the footsteps of his archeologist parents. 
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Oh! I have glass in my feet!"
- — Spyder when hit in multiplayer.
Spyder has been described as having a "knack for acrobatics and rock star/bad boy behavior". Through his quotes in different multiplayer mods, Jeremy is shown as a cheerful, carefree, and relaxed person. Spyder throwes different comments when he is hit or taking objects (such as Plunder) during game matches, throwing mostly jokes regarding an injury or the weight of the idol.
Spyder is a tall individual with dark skin and thin structure. He has brown eyes and short dark facial hair. Spyder has a Mohawk hairstyle dyed to blonde. He also has a few tattoos on his arms.
Spyder wears an red undershirt under a blue one with a design that resemble the United Kingdom flag, albeit, without red strips, but white. The upper part of the undershirt is covered with a dark-grey scarf that with sprites of webs on it. Alongside the torso, Spyder wears a pair of grey pants and white-red sneakers. He also has bracelets on his arms, and a pair of goggles on his head.
- "Designing a video game character is unbelievable to me, yet simultaneously it has proven to be completely tangible. I wish to share the feeling with everyone who has ever felt incapable of accomplishment or below the standards of the society around them. Put everything you've got into what you truly love and believe in, and you will be rewarded in spades. I am thrilled, grateful and overjoyed with the opportunity I received and ultimately winning the prize of a lifetime. I’m in a video game! Thank you Sony and Naughty Dog! Stay gold!"
- — Jeremy Gallant. 
The skin was the result of the "Uncharted Audition" competition, which was run by Sony in co-operation with Naughty Dog. The competition was judged by Nolan North, Emily Rose, Amy Hennig, Justin Richmond, Robh Ruppel, and Mike Mukatis. The competition was won by Jeremy Gallant, a twenty year old parkourist who grew up as an orphan in New York. He worked on the character's motion capture and voice acting, and went on to say that he was "thrilled, grateful and overjoyed with the opportunity [he] received and ultimately winning the prize of a lifetime." Gallant's idea was a character who was "always moving forward, and never looking back."
Spyder has his own character weapon, Spyder's M9. His M9 contains the Call Out and Max Ammo mods. Its design contains sprites of webs and a spider, a nod to the character's nickname.
- "I don't play games, I win them."
- — Spyder.
- — Spyder picking an idol.
- "Ah! Damn it!"
- — Spyder when hit.
- "No, no, no, no."
- — Spyder near a grenade.
- Based on his creator, Spyder is 24 as of 2011-2012.
- Spyder has a number of unique taunts, including a backflip.
- Spyder wears similar clothes to Jak from the Jak and Daxter franchise. Jeremy Gallant even comments on that during Part 2 of Spyder's Uncharted 3 Experience.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Monacelli, Eric (July 29, 2012) "Spyder joins Uncharted 3 Multiplayer". Naughty Dog. SCE Worldwide Studios. Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Gallant, Jeremy. The Uncharted Audition. (SCE Worldwide Studios). (2012).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ritchie, Anna (May 7, 2012). "And Then There Was One: Winning the Uncharted 3 Competition". Sony Blog. Sony Electronics, Inc. Retrieved July 30, 2012.