Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tenzin, as he appears in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves'.
Tenzin is a Tibetan explorer featured in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. He is currently the only main character in the series that is unable to speak English.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- "A leader in his remote Tibetan village and father to his only daughter Pema Tenzin meets Drake when he's part of the way though his perilous search for the Cintamani Stone. Their Partnership is made awkward by the language barrier - Tenzin speaks no English and Drake no Tibetan - forcing them to communicate largely through gesture. Despite this obstacle Tenzin is destined to become one of Drake's most trusted allies."
- — Official Uncharted 2: Among Thieves bio
Train Wreck & Ice Temple
Returning to his village high in the mountains, Tenzin nurses Drake back to health in his home. Drake awakens a few days later, and is sent to search for Karl Shäfer's expedition in the Himalayan ice caves with Tenzin. While in the ice caves, both are attacked by a Yeti-like beast and discover an ancient ice temple hidden in the caves.
Drake and Tenzin solve numerous puzzles to reach the inner sanctum of the temple, where they discover the remains of the expedition. The two are soon attacked further, but narrowly escape in an ancient lift.
After escaping the temple, Tenzin and Drake find that the village is under attack by mercenaries led by Zoran Lazarević. Drake helps Tenzin and the other villagers fend off the assault and destroys a tank that has rampaged through the village. Once Tenzin is reunited with his daughter, Drake and Elena go after Schäfer, whom Lazarević has abducted, while Drake waves goodbye to Tenzin.
Tenzin appear as a playable character in Uncharted 2 multiplayer. He is free and available to be equipped whenever.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
Tenzin re-appear as a playable character in Uncharted 3 multiplayer. He is only available through downloading the Classic Skin Pack #2. The skin is equivalent to Tenzin's appearance in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- "Born and raised in a small village high in the mountains of Nepal, Tenzin is a man of few words and a steely focus. He supports his young daughter Pema through farming and occasional jaunts into the world of treasure hunters. His peers admire him for his quiet dignity and his monogrammed grappling hook."
- — Official Uncharted 4: A Thief's End bio.
Although Tenzin doesn't appear in person he does make a appearance in a photograph in Chapter 4 - A Normal Life.
Tenzin appears as a playable character in Uncharted 4 multiplayer. He is unlocked through vanity chests or using Uncharted Points.
Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Skins
- Suited Tenzin
- Rock Climbing Tenzin
- Prison Tenzin
- Apocalypse Tenzin
- Terrible Tenzin
- Tycoon Tenzin
- Traversal Tenzin
- Tavern Tenzin
- Territorial Tenzin
|92FS-9mm: An elite standard pistol found in the Uncharted series.|
|P08-9mm: A standard pistol which features rarely in Among Thieves.|
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- Chapter 15 - Train Wrecked (cameo/ending cutscene)
- Chapter 16 - Where Am I?
- Chapter 17 - Mountaineering
- Chapter 18 - Heart of Ice
- Chapter 19 - Siege
- Chapter 20 - Cat and Mouse
- Chapter 21 - Convoy (opening cutscene)
- Chapter 26 - Tree of Life (ending cutscene)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
- Multiplayer (DLC skin)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- The name Tenzin is of Tibetan origin, meaning "the holder of Buddha Dharma." 
- Tenzin's name is likely a nod to the real-life , a Tibetan Sherpa who accompanied New Zealand mountaineer Edmund Hillary to the summit of Mount Everest on 29th of May, 1953 and along with him became the first people to conquer the mountain.
- Even with subtitles turned on, players are not told what Tenzin is saying. Instead they are just told that he is 'speaking Tibetan'.
- Tenzin's daughter, Pema, shares her name with Tenzin's voice actor.
- ↑ Tenzin: Meaning Of Name Tenzin. Nameberry. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- ↑ Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Tenzin. Behind the Name. Retrieved June 27, 2016.