Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Pelican Inn (Pelican Pub in multiplayer) is a British pub that appears in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The pub is located in London, and is one of the first locations featured in the game. Nate and Sully will get into a fistfight while there. Naughty Dog's Andrew Kim said, "It’s a compact space with mostly drunken brutes and hustlers. What a perfect place to start a brawl!" The pub has a "boxing" theme, and Kim has said, "it seemed a perfect fit to have Drake and Sully brawling in a small pub that has been historically patronized by boxers and boxing fans."
- The Pelican Inn was first hinted at in the original Uncharted 3 teaser trailer, which showed an ashtray with the words "Pelican Pub" on the side.
- Sir Francis Drake's ship, The Golden Hind, was previously named, "The Pelican." This is the ship that Sir Francis Drake used to circumnavigate the globe.
- The Pelican Pub appeared in a pre-release Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta preview as a background for the main lobby, hinting that it may appear as a multiplayer map, it was later confirmed to be featured in the DLC map London Streets.
- There is an easter egg, that can be found in the pub, located at the slot machine where the first treasure is collected. The slot machine is called Genie's Lamp, a subtle reference to the Djinn and the Vessel of Brass.
- Another easter egg can also be found in this location. At the very end of the bar is a newspaper called the Observer, with a main article on the front page that talks about scientists studying a flesh eating virus. This is a direct reference to Naughty Dog's game The Last Of Us and was the very first hint of the game before it was officially announced.