Map Description Edit
This map is based on Chapter 6 - Desperate Times from the single-player campaign of the game. It takes place at night time in a war torn section of a Nepalese city. It features a great variety of weapons and unique climbable architecture such as balconies, signs, and ledges for cover and pull down opportunities.
Many buildings have two stories, including the central temple.
- GAU-19 - found on lying against the laundrymat wall, in the back alley, on the map center line.
- SAS-12 - found in the ground pit of the temple in the middle of the map.
- Dragon Sniper - found in the bed of the truck in front of the laundrymat, on the map center line.
- M32-Hammer - found in front of the dias steps, on the map center line.
- Micro-9mm - two are found on top of a brick wall.
- Propane Tanks - four exist, two by a wall near the dias steps and two by one story buildings.
- Grenades - found in one story buildings and barracades near each team's base and on the short wall between temple and truck.
- FAL - Located near both teams' spawn points.
- M4 - Located on either side of the temple.
- Riot Shield - Located near the truck that is in front of the damaged building.
- Desert-5 - Located on the ground floor of the damaged building.
- GAU-19 - Located in the alley behind the destroyed building.
Environmental Factors Edit
- Hind D helicopter - flies over the Plaza shooting players in its path with its gattling gun and missiles. The Hind D will fly over the map multiple times during the match.
- The Plaza was previously the only map where the players could find the SAS-12, but a later DLC release of the Siege Expansion Pack provides a SAS-12 in The Highrise.
- This map is one of two which features the GAU-19, the other is The Village.
- The Plaza has the highest amount of grenade spawns out of any map with a total of 10 grenade spawns, split into 5 separate double spawns.
- The map was available in Pre-Beta of Uncharted 2
- Ironically, the helicopter attacks seem artificially light since it rarely kills players when contrasted to the heavier helicopter missile attacks in The Highrise.