- "Don't look down, don't look down.
- — Nathan Drake climbing the fortress walls
The Fortress is a location in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It is a fort like building with arch ways, towers, sewers and jailcells. Eddy Raja used it as his base. After Elena lands in the Fortress with a parachut from the plane, Nathan Drake sets out to rescue her. They escape the Fortress through a jeep that Elena stole.
Structure and Architecture
At the time of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune the Fortress is partly ruins, but most of the building remains intact. It has one large wall facing the sea and others facing into the deep jungle of the island. In one area of the Fortress is a circular tower, which can be climbed.
The walls tops are accessible easily and there are many steps and stairways leading down to the courtyards. There are quite a few courtyards in the Fortress, as well as one long stretch of cover and grass near the centre of the Fortress.
Underneath the Fortress is a sewer like room.
- There is a map called 'The Fort' in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves's Multiplayer that is loosely based around 'The long stretch of cover and grass'
- Chapter 5 of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is called 'The Fortress'
- It is unknown whether Gabriel Roman or Atoq Navarro used the Fortress for their own purposes.
- The Fortress is the opposite of the Customs House, although a large body of water separates them.