Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Twitter events were updates that allowed Uncharted 2: Among Thieves to automatically update the Twitter account of a player with information on their progress. The functionality was later removed from the game.
The game would post updates when the following events occurred (if the player had the selected event enabled):
- When connecting to multiplayer.
- When a cinema file is uploaded.
- When a chapter is completed.
- When earning multiplayer money.
- When earning trophies.
- When reaching a level milestone.
The Twitter functionality was first included in pre-release copies of the game intended for review consideration. The frequency of the updates drew concern and criticism, often resulting in Twitter feeds being updated several times per-hour. As a result, functionality for the "When a Chapter is Completed" update was removed entirely, despite the option to enable it still being left in the game.
The Twitter update functionality stopped working after the expiry of the SSL certificate, an encryption protocol to provide security. Naughty Dog made the decision to not update the certificate following a change to Twitter's API which rendered further updates with the game's code impossible.
- ↑ Meyer, Arne (June 2 2010). "Title Update 1.08". Naughty Dog Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Naughty Dog. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. (Sony Computer Entertainment). PlayStation 3. (2009).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wells, Evan (September 28 2009). "Twitter Update: #UNCHARTED 2". PlayStation Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Meyer, Arne (June 2 2010). "Title Update 1.08" (comments section). Naughty Dog Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved 11 June 2012.