Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I've been thinking about this for some months, and now it's finally time to say goodbye. I dived into editing here headlong and eager, but I have since become disenchanted, and editing the wiki has for too long felt like hard work rather than a fun hobby.
My interest in Uncharted has dropped too, and I rarely get a chance to play the games anymore. This does not mean I like the series any less than I did before. They still rank among my favourite games, and I will certainly continue to play them for many years to come.
Before I go I'd like to thank everyone that I've edited with here in the past. I'm not going to name names because I'll almost certainly forget someone important. I arrived here in early 2009, when this site had about 30 pages…Read more >
This is just a quick survey to find out what editing tool is used by editors here. There are two available, the visual editor and the source editor.
This is a simplified editor for users who are new to MediaWiki. It's easy to use, but takes a major toll on articles in the form of badly-formed links, random and unnecessary tags, and other things that should be avoided. It's a good tool, but it can be (and too often is) very sloppy.
This is the main editor used on MediaWiki sites. It's almost as simple to use as the Visual Editor, with none of the mess. It also makes editing much quicker. It provides full control over what appears on the page, such as tags, templates, and images.
The reason I post this is to ask anybody who uses the Visual Edit…
Read more >
May 6th 2012
For about a year now, we've had no dedicated news outlet for the wiki, which is unfortunate because things have changed a lot since then. With that in mind, I'm writing this blog post to discuss the wiki's recent past, what's currently going on, and the near future.
For the last month or so, I've been aggressively pushing an image policy on everyone who uploads here, probably without a clear explanation. There are many reasons why this policy is now in place, and hopefully it will be easier to appreciate it after they are explained.
- Reason 1: Finding images. This is quite probably what will affect you the most, searching for and finding images. The policy states that all images must be appropriately named and categorised. This is …
Read more >
April 12, 2012
At the time of writing, there are 1,460 pages on this wiki. There are also 5,716 images. That's a surplus of over three thousand images. Over the coming months, several images will be deleted from this site, and a policy will be implemented to restrict what images are uploaded. This will happen in three phases:
- Phase 1:
- Any unnecessary images will be deleted from the site. These include unused images, low quality screenshots that have since been replaced with better ones, duplicated images, or images that are no longer needed (ie. better images of the subject have been uploaded). Images with non-descriptive names (like this: File:D967a157a3d7bc9e3258d377dcf13a1c-1-.jpg) will also be deleted.
- Note: We have always allowed the uplo…
- Phase 1:
Due to the recent flood of off topic and occasionally abusive comments being made on certain pages, comments will no longer be available on articles.
Anything that you may wish to discuss can be done in the following places:
- If you want to discuss an article (it's layout, structure, etc.) then you can do so on its Talk Page. There is a link to the talk page at the top of every article.
- If you want to discuss anything else, do so in the forums.
- Any editors you want to contact can be reached via their own talk page.
If you have any questions about this change, post them in the comments below.
--Klock101 19:37, March 29, 2012 (UTC)Read more >