Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
25 June 2011
With the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta just around the corner, we thought we'd compile a handy reference guide to make the experience easier and more enjoyable for everyone. Below you can find lots of info about what is included in the beta, along with links to our articles on the available maps, boosters, kickbacks and more, all of which will be updated frequently throughout the beta. Remember, you can edit and create articles too. Don't be shy!
What is the "beta"?
For many people, the beta is simply a chance to play Uncharted 3's multiplayer early. However, this is not what Naughty Dog have in mind. The beta is in fact an opportunity for you to tell Naughty Dog what you think of the multiplayer experience that they have created. It's your chance to tell them what works, what downright sucks, and where you've encountered bugs. Don't be afraid to voice your opinions. That's what the beta is for, and with 4 months before the game goes gold, they have plenty of time to take your suggestions into account.
How can I leave my feedback for Naughty Dog?
If you want the Dogs to see your suggestions, ideas, any bugs that you've found, etc, you'll have to post in this thread on their official forums. Remember to keep all feedback clear and respectful.
When can I access the beta?
If you have an early access code (found in select copies of InFamous 2 worldwide), or a PlayStation Plus subscription, then you can access the beta from July 28th 2011. No exact time has been given, but the earliest time it will be available is 9pm UTC (there's a UTC clock at the top right of this page). If you do not have a PS+ subscription or access code, then you'll have to wait until Monday July 4th.
I only have a 30 day subscription to PS+ that came with my "Welcome Back" package
You can still access the beta! This has been confirmed several times by Sony. If your subscription runs out before July 4th, you will still be able to access the beta after the subscription expires.
What can I play in the beta?
The beta is divided into 3 stages, with different events and maps in each stage.
- Stage 1 - June 28 - July 4
- Stage 2 - July 4 - July 8
- Gametypes: Team deathmatch, Free-for-all, Team objective, Co-op Hunter.
- Maps: The Airstrip, The Chateau.
- Stage 3 - July 8 - July 13
What boosters will appear in the beta?
There are a total of eight boosters, four in each slot.
- Slot 1
- Slot 2
What Medal Kickbacks will appear in the beta?
There are a total of four Medal Kickbacks:
- Smoke Bomb - Vanish in a puff of smoke.
- Speedy G - Get a speed boost.
- RPG!! - Spawn an RPG in your hands.
- Cluster Bomb - One grenade will explode into multiple grenades.
What Power Plays will appear?
The following Power Plays will feature:
- Marked Man - A person on the winning team is marked, and the losing team gets 3 points if they kill him. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each kill and a special medal if the Marked Man doesn't die.
- Cursed - The winning team sees all characters as skeletons and friendly fire is turned on. Each time the losing team gets a kill or the winning team kills one of its own, the losing team gets two points. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each member of the losing team killed.
- Exposed - The winning team's location is revealed to the losing team. The winning team gets double cash for each losing team member killed.
- Double Damage - Losing team inflicts double damage. Winning team earns double cash for each kill.
What weapons can I use
The following weapons appear:
- Long Guns: AK-47, G-Mal, Dragon Sniper.
- Pistols will also appear, although at the time of writing, the exact pistols that will appear are unknown.
How about weapon mods
Well, for your long guns, there are two: one for increasing clip size and the other, entitled "Call Out," shows the location of enemies. For the pistols, you can increase the total amount of ammo and the rate of fire.
What about characters. Who can I play as?
Can I customise these skins?
Yes you can, with shirts, hats, sunglasses, and more!
How many levels are in the beta?
There are a total of 25 levels in the beta. These DO NOT carry over to the full game, but you will get some nice rewards (see below) if you reach level 25.
Can I play in 3D?
Yes, if you have a 3D tv. Note that splitscreen will not support 3D (see next question).
Can I play splitscreen with a friend?
Yes, you can. But you can not play 3D splitscreen.
Can I see what my Facebook friends are up to?
Yes, all of your Facebook Friends that have linked their Facebook account via their PS3 will appear on the Facebook Friends list in the multiplayer menu. Feel free to send them an invite to play!
Will YouTube and Facebook video and photo upload be enabled?
No, these features will not be availabe during the beta.
You said that levels will not carry into the full game. Care to elaborate?
Unfortunately, what happens in the beta stays in the beta. But you can get some cool rewards when the full game is released in November:
- Download the Uncharted 3 Beta and receive the exclusive Uncharted 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar.
- Complete 10 matches in every mode of Competitive Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1.
- Complete 5 matches in every mode of Co-operative Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2.
- Complete 4 Treasure Sets and receive the Treasure Hunter's Starter Pack.
- Rank up to level 25 in the Beta and receive a handsome reward of in-game cash on day one.
Is the beta available where I live
More than likely. The beta is available in all PSN Store regions, including Korea, excluding the rest of Asia. If you live in Germany, then you'll need to send in some ID and prove that you're over 18.
How big is the beta? How long will it take to download?
The beta is 1.7GB in size (around 1740MB), and the download speed will vary depending on your internet download speed.
Anything else that I should know?
That's about it. Remember to have fun in the beta, and don't be afraid to leave Naughty Dog your feedback here Remember, they wouldn't be running a beta of they didn't want to hear your opinions!
I have another question
Leave it in the comments below and we'll do our best to answer it!