April 18 2011
^Here's the official reveal trailer
Naughty Dog co-president Christophe Balestra has given an interview with GamerLiveTV in which he says that the cinematic experience of single player will be carried to multiplayer, and that "you're going to be able to start the game and be on trucks, jump from trucks to trucks, trying to...catch up with a plane that's about to take off...Rig buildings to blow up...Do some crazy stuff like that." Check out the full interview below.
You can also expect:
- Sprinting in multiplayer.
- Splitscreen multiplayer, although it is not known in what gametypes this will be available.
- Customisation of character skins and weapons.
- 3 team deathmatches, ie. 2V2V2.
- 8 player free-for-all matches down to the last player standing.
- New abilities to kick enemies off ledges. If someone is hanging next to you on a ledge you can kick them off. You can also perform a similar move on ladders.
- Facebook integration of friends. Our goal for Facebook is to really make sure you can interact with your Facebook friends the way you interact with your PSN friends,” said Balestra. “You can talk to them (and) you can invite them to your party. You are going to see icons of people’s faces and their real names. So right away it is going to feel bigger.”
- Immediate upload to sites such as YouTube, eliminating the need for a capture card.
- Uncharted TV: A feature which will play in the bottom right hand corner of the game's menu, and will showcase the best user generated videos.
- Matches now stored directly onto PS3 hard drive. You can go into that video file and direct the scene to your liking, moving the camera around, adding voice to a character and even sharing the video so a friend can help edit. "You can create your own movie and tell a story," Balestra says.
So, when can you get your hands on all this multiplayer goodness? The public beta opens on July 5th of this year, with whispers of early beta keys coming with inFAMOUS 2. Stay tuned for any more updates regarding multiplayer.
^Here's the interview we promised you