Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
April 12, 2012
At the time of writing, there are 1,460 pages on this wiki. There are also 5,716 images. That's a surplus of over three thousand images. Over the coming months, several images will be deleted from this site, and a policy will be implemented to restrict what images are uploaded. This will happen in three phases:
- Phase 1:
- Any unnecessary images will be deleted from the site. These include unused images, low quality screenshots that have since been replaced with better ones, duplicated images, or images that are no longer needed (ie. better images of the subject have been uploaded). Images with non-descriptive names (like this: File:D967a157a3d7bc9e3258d377dcf13a1c-1-.jpg) will also be deleted.
- Note: We have always allowed the uploading of multiplayer screenshots for use on other sites like the Naughty Dog forums. This will likely remain the case for the foreseeable future, although all such screenshots will be affected by Phase 2.
- Phase 2:
- All remaining images will be categorised appropriately.
- All remaining images will be given a license status (ex. Copyrighted, Fair Use, Public Domain, etc.)
- All remaining images will be given a description.
- Any images that need to be renamed will be.
- Phase 3:
- The Image Policy will come into effect. All images uploaded to the wiki following this must be given a license status by the uploader. They will also need a file description from the uploader, and will need to be named appropriately. If these criteria are not met, they will be deleted.
- All uploaded images will be categorised.
These changes will take some time to come into effect, but will help to protect the wiki against copyright claims over images in the future. It will also help to take stress off the image servers.
If you have any questions, please post them below.